Monday, August 27, 2007

I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

... which is access to live cricket on the tube!

My first week in Sydney I was all excited cause India, with some help from the rain and the toss gods, appeared to hold the upper hand in their away series in England. So I headed off after work to catch the first hour or two at the local pub in Milson's Point. I got there and politely informed the waitress that I'd like to watch Fox 2... the channel that was broadcasting the game live. Now, it was very apparent to me that there was also a big footy game on. The waitress of course, chose to close her eyes to this and went ahead and changed the channel on the big TV. And then, she slid away. Leaving me shuffling about, facing up to these 6-8 aussies. Now these guys were BIG friggin' blokes, alright? So when they turned around growling something about "fucking cricket", I pretty much peed my pants right then and there. Thankfully, she came back in, argued with them for the sake of arguing and turned it to whatever channel the footy was on. Oh, I wasn't completely ignored. She turned the small TV to Fox 2. But really, after coming within 2 minutes of being beaten to death, a cricket victory (even an Indian overseas one) loses its significance.

So the point is... I need to find a way to watch the cricket from the safety of my own (or someone's else's) home! Cricinfo won't see internet coverage in australia, so if you know of any dubious sites or generous friends in Sydney... for my life's sake - HEYELP!!!

4 comments:

MS CUTE PANTS said...

I'm suprised cause I thought the Aussie's would be more inclined towards cricket than anything else, seeing as how they have a team playing and all...

sparx said...

dude
check out www.willow.tv , for 99 bux its got live video streaming n the quality is excellent...

Dylan said...

Ms. Cute Pants, the Aussies do take their cricket pretty seriously but sadly, I'm hooked onto the Indian cricket team... which doesn't get as much coverage as the 'strians.

Ravs, yaar... i ran to willow and dishnet as soon as i got my net connection. What I got instead of live coverage was "We are sorry. This event is restricted to certain geographic locations.
Our system has determined that you are not connecting from one of the allowed countries."

sparx said...

Buy a slingboxfor 250 bux, send it to someone in desh and watch streaming TV..offcourse this also means that they can broadcast those K serials to you !